Amending Ancestors' Records

Dual citizenship may be within reach – but an error on an ancestor’s
Pennsylvania birth, death or marriage certificate can derail the process.

Many countries allow an individual to claim citizenship if their parent, grandparent or — in some cases — great grandparent, was born in that country. The country will likely require documentation, such as birth certificates and marriage certificates, as evidence of the individual’s lineage. Unfortunately, old records may contain errors that need to be amended before lineage can be established. 

A court order is often required to correct a Pennsylvania birth record, death record or marriage certificate of a deceased relative.

The attorneys of Jerner Law Group, P.C. represent clients who seek to amend their ancestors’ Pennsylvania records. We prepare the necessary court documents, appear at hearings, and contact the Pennsylvania Vital Records office to obtain certified copies of the corrected records.

For more information call us at 215-843-6000