Real Estate Partition Law

When real estate is co-owned by people who are not married, dividing up the property can be difficult. We can help.


In both Pennsylvania and New Jersey, civil court actions called “partition actions” can be used to divide real estate owned by unmarried co-owners when the co-owners cannot agree about who will be allowed to keep the real estate, when the real estate is to be sold, and/or how proceeds from the sale of the real estate will be divided.

The attorneys of Jerner Law Group, P.C. have extensive experience representing clients in Pennsylvania and New Jersey who need to divide property co-owned with others. We help clients determine what they are entitled to and seek, where possible, to negotiate amicable agreements with co-owners. In cases where negotiations fail and litigation is necessary, our experienced attorneys represent clients through all phases of partition actions in court.

For more information call us at 215-843-6000